User Guide – Email Password Recovery Pro
- Supported Apps
- How to Use?
- Right Click Menu Options
- Settings – Email Password Recovery Pro
- Email Password Report
- How to Use Command-line Version
- Unique Feature – Master Password Protected Profiles
- Advanced Feature – Recover from Custom Profile Location
- Automation of Email Password Recovery
- Contact XenArmor
About Email Password Recovery Pro
It can recover your passwords for popular Email providers like Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Outlook/Hotmail, AOL Mail, iCloud Mail & many more. Enterprise edition also offers Custom Profile Feature helping you to recover passwords from profiles copied from another computer, external drive or non-standard locations.
Supported Email Clients & Web Browsers
Email Password Recovery Pro supports mail password recovery from following Email Clients & Messengers
- Microsoft Outlook (2002/XP/2003/2007/2010/2013/2016)
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Windows Live Mail
- Opera Mail
- The Bat!
- Foxmail v6.x – v7.1
- Windows Live Messenger
- GMail Notifier
- Windows Credential Manager
Here are the top web browsers supported by Email Password Recovery Pro
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Apple Safari
- Opera Browser
- Comodo Dragon
- Flock Browser
- Tor Browser
- Torch Browser
- Chrome Canary Browser
- CoolNovo Browser
- UC Browser
- Sleipnir Browser
- SRWare Iron Browser
- Vivaldi Browser
Note that Personal Edition supports first 6 web browsers. However Enterprise Edition supports password recovery from all the above browsers.
It can help you recover your lost passwords from following Top 10+ Email Service Providers
- Yahoo! Mail
- AOL Mail
- Apple iCloud Mail,
- Zoho Mail
- GMX Mail
- Yandex Mail
Benefits of Email Password Recovery Pro
Here are the main benefits for you,
- Recover Your Email Passwords from popular Email Clients like Outlook, Thunderbird, IncrediMail, OperaMail, TheBat, FoxMail etc
- Recover Email Passwords from Top 15+ Browsers like Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera, Safari etc
- Recover Email Passwords stored by GTalk, Gmail Notifier, Windows Credential Manager etc
- Recover Passwords for Top 10+ Email Service Providers like Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Outlook/Hotmail, AOL Mail, iCloud Mail, Zoho Mail etc
- Recover Passwords from Master Password protected profiles of Firefox & Thunderbird
- Settings Panel to customize and fine tune Email Password operation
- Recover Mail Passwords from All Profiles of Firefox, Chrome & Thunderbird
- Displays complete details such as Application, Mail Server, Mail Type (POP3, IMAP, SMTP, HTTP), Username & Password
- Generate Password Report in HTML/CSV/SQLite Database – useful for Backup/Auditing
- Recover Passwords from Custom Profile Location of Email Clients & Browsers
- Helps you to Recover Passwords from Another Computer, External Drive or non-default profile locations
- Command-line version helps you integrate & use it in your scripts/programs
- Automate Email Password Recovery operation periodically
- Supports both 32 bit & 64 bit versions of Email Clients/Browsers/Messengers
- Works on both 32 bit & 64 bit Platforms starting from Windows XP to Windows 10
Important Note: This is not the software to hack Passwords as it can recover only your stored Email Passwords from Email clients & Browsers on your computer.
Email Password Recovery Pro works on both 32-bit & 64-bit platforms starting from Windows XP to Windows 10.
Here are the specific details,
- Installation Size: 8 MB
- RAM: 4 GB+ Recommended
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 2008/2012/2016, Windows 7/8/10.
Note: Mobile/pads/non-windows devices not supported
Email Password Recovery Pro comes with standard windows installer which allows seamless installation & un-installation.
Launch the setup file and follow on-screen instructions to complete the installation as shown below,
You can uninstall it from the Control Panel or click on Uninstaller from Installed location of Email Password Recovery Pro
How to Use Email Password Recovery Pro?
Email Password Recovery Pro is very easy to use. After installation, just launch it. It will instantly recover and show all your stored mail passwords from popular email clients, messengers & top browsers as shown below,
You can easily sort the displayed password list based on Application, Mail Server, Username, Password etc. by simply clicking on corresponding header in the List.
Also you can click on ‘Recover Again’ button to refresh & recover the passwords again anytime.
Right Click Menu Options
Right click context menu helps you to quickly & easily copy various fields (such as Application, Mail Server, Username, Password etc). Also you can launch the Mail Server website as shown below,
Settings – Email Password Recovery Pro
Settings Panel help you to tweak & customize Email Password Recovery operations as per you need. Mainly it helps you to select applications, specify custom profile paths & set master password options.
To launch, simply click on ‘Settings’ button from the main GUI screen and you will see the Settings Panel as shown below,
Refer to below sections for more details on each of the sections in Settings screen.
Settings – Password Recovery Options
First section in Settings screen helps you to select or deselect applications to recover mail passwords from. Also you can force it to recover from current profile path only instead of all profiles of Chrome/Firefox in Enterprise Edition.
Settings – Customize Application Profile Path
This is one of the unique benefits of Email Password Recovery Pro. It helps you to specify the custom profile paths for each supported application.
This is very useful when you want to recover passwords from portable applications, non-default profile locations or profiles copied from another computer or external drive.
Here are simple steps to add/edit/remove Custom Profile Path,
- In the Settings screen, go to second section “Application Custom Paths”
- Now to ADD Custom Path, select the application from Combo Box or double click on application in the List
- Next you can enter the path manually or click on browse button or simply drag & drop the folder
- Finally click on “Update Path” to add the Path for this application
- To EDIT Custom Path, select the application and it will display current path.
- Here you can select new path by clicking on browse button or simply drag & drop the folder
- To Remove Custom Path, select the application from combo box or double click in the List
- Then set the “Profile Location” empty and click on “Update Path”. It will remove the existing Path.
All changes to Custom Paths are saved automatically. Once done, you can go back to main screen, click on “Recover Again” to recover the passwords from new Custom Profile location.
Note that this feature is available only in Enterprise Edition.
Settings – Master Password
Last section in Settings panel helps you to set Master Password for Firefox and Thunderbird as shown below,
This will help you to recover passwords from Firefox/Thunderbird profiles protected with Master Password.
Note that this feature is available only in Enterprise Edition.
Email Password Report
Email Password Recovery Pro helps you to generate detailed report in HTML, CSV or SQLite Database format.
To generate report, after the password recovery, click on Report button and then select the Type of Report (HTML, CSV, SQLite) from the ‘File Save Dialog’ as shown below,
Here is the sample of HTML based Email Password Report,
Personal Edition generates report in HTML format only, however Enterprise Edition supports all 3 formats.
How to Use Command-line Version?
Email Password Recovery Pro supports both GUI & command-line in the single executable file. Command-line version helps you to fully automate Email password recovery operation. You can also easily integrate it into your scripts or programs as part of advanced operations.
Here is the screenshot of Command-line version (passwords masked for security reasons)
Here are various command-line options & examples
- EmailPasswordRecoveryPro.exe [report.html | report.csv]
- //Recover & Save the Email Password Report in HTML format (default)
- EmailPasswordRecoveryPro.exe report.html
- //Recover & Save the Email Password Report to CSV file locally
- EmailPasswordRecoveryPro.exe report.csv
- //Recover & Save the Email Password Report to SQLite Database file
- EmailPasswordRecoveryPro.exe report.db
- //Save the Email Password Report to selected folder
- EmailPasswordRecoveryPro.exe “c:\my reports\report.html”
By default it will generate report in HTML format. You can specify CSV or DB extension to Output File to generate report in CSV or SQLite database format.
Note that Command-line version is available only in Enterprise Edition.
Unique Feature – Master Password Protected Profiles
Email Password Recovery Pro is the first & only software which helps you to recover passwords from Master Password protected profiles of Firefox and Thunderbird.
Firefox & Thunderbird offer the important Master Password feature to prevent stored passwords from being stolen by hackers, virus or ransomewares. This software helps you to specify the master password and recover all the stored passwords from Firefox/Thunderbird profiles.
You can set the Master Password in the Settings screen as shown below. For more details refer to “Settings – Master Password section”
Important Note: This software does not bypass Master Password protection of Firefox or Thunderbird. User need to provide Master Password to recover the stored passwords.
This feature is available only in Enterprise Edition
Advanced Feature – Recover from Custom Profile Location
Email Password Recovery Pro supports Custom Profile Feature helping you to recover mail passwords from portable applications, external drive or profiles copied from another computer.
Often applications change their profile location with every release or some times users choose different location. Since path has changed, automatic password recovery will fail. In such cases this “Custom Profile Path” feature will help you to easily specify the changed location and recover all the passwords.
You can set the Custom Profile location for each Browser or Email clients through Settings as shown below. For more details on how to add/edit/remove path, refer to “Settings – Custom Profile Path Section”
Important Note: For Chrome (and similar browsers), it is not possible to recover passwords from profiles copied from another computer due to underlying encryption mechanism.
This feature is available only in Enterprise Edition
Automation of Email Password Recovery
Email Password Recovery Pro Command-line version can help you to completely automate your Email Password Recovery operations daily or periodically. It can generate detailed report in CSV or HTML format which can be used for future auditing or backup purposes.
Here are simple steps to automate Email Password Recovery using Windows Task Scheduler.
1) Launch Windows Task Scheduler from Administrative Tools in Control Panel. Next click on “Create Basic Task” on right side panel as shown below,
2) On the Basic Task page, enter name as ‘Email Password Recovery’. On next page select ‘Daily or Weekly or Monthly’ with appropriate Time settings as per your need.
For more command-line options refer to Email Password Recovery Pro Command-line Version section.
4) Finally click on Finish button to schedule the automatic Email Password Recovery operation.
Have any more queries or need any technical clarification? Just write to us at email@example.com and you will have response within 24 to 48 hours.
For more details visit home page of Email Password Recovery Pro
September 27, 2018
September 8, 2018
August 28, 2018