User Guide – FTP Password Recovery Pro
- Supported Apps
- How to Use?
- Right Click Menu Options
- Password Recovery Report
- How to Use Command-line Version
- Advanced Feature – Recover from Custom Profile Location
- Automation of FTP Password Recovery
- Contact XenArmor
XenArmor FTP Password Recovery Pro is the enterprise software to instantly recover all your lost or forgotten FTP passwords from popular 20+ FTP clients. It can also helps you recover passwords from portable FTP clients, external drives and custom profile locations
Supported FTP Clients
Current version supports password recovery from following top FTP clients,
- AutoFTP Pro
- Classic FTP
- Core FTP
- FTP Commander
- FTP Explorer
Here are the main benefits for you,
- Recover FTP passwords from 20+ popular FTP clients
- Recover passwords of any length & complexity
- Recover passwords from portable FTP clients/external drives/custom FTP profile locations
- Save Password Report to HTML, CSV, XML, JSON, SQLite file
- Command-line version for automation or to integrate in scripts
- Settings Panel to customize and fine tune FTP password recovery operation
- Backup or Save Password Report in HTML/CSV/SQLite/XML/JSON Database
- Command-line version helps you integrate & use it in your scripts/programs
- Automation of FTP password recovery operation
- Supports password recovery from both 32 bit & 64 bit versions of FTP Clients
- Works on both 32 bit & 64 bit Platforms starting from Windows XP to Windows 10
Important Note: This is not the software to hack Passwords as it can recover only your stored Passwords from applications on your computer.
XenArmor FTP Password Recovery Pro works on both 32-bit & 64-bit platforms starting from Windows XP to Windows 10.
Here are the specific details,
- Installation Size: 8 MB
- RAM: 4 GB+ Recommended
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 2008/2012/2016, Windows 7/8/10.
Note: Mobile/pads/non-windows devices not supported
XenArmor FTP Password Recovery Pro comes with standard windows installer which allows seamless installation & un-installation.
Launch the setup file and follow on-screen instructions to complete the installation as shown below,
You can uninstall it from the Control Panel or click on Uninstaller from Installed location of FTP Password Recovery Pro
How to Use?
XenArmor FTP Password Recovery Pro is very easy to use. After installation, just launch it. It will instantly recover and show all your stored passwords from popular apps as shown in video below,
You can easily sort the displayed password list based on Application, FTP Server, Username, Password etc. by simply clicking on corresponding header in the List.
Also you can click on ‘Recover Again’ button to refresh & recover the passwords again anytime.
Right Click Menu Options
Right click context menu helps you to quickly & easily copy various fields (such as Application, FTP Server, Username, Password etc).
Settings Panel help you to tweak & customize password recovery operations as per you need. Mainly it helps you to select applications, specify custom profile paths (portable apps/external drive)
To launch, simply click on ‘Settings’ button from the main GUI screen and you will see the Settings Panel as shown below,
Refer to below sections for more details on each of the sections in Settings screen.
Settings – Password Recovery Options
First section in Settings screen helps you to select or deselect various recovery options & other settings.
Settings – Customize Application Profile Path
This is one of the unique benefits of XenArmor FTP Password Recovery Pro. It helps you to specify the custom profile paths for each supported application.
This is very useful when you want to recover passwords from portable FTP clients, non-default profile locations or profiles copied from another computer or external drive.
Note that this feature is available only in Enterprise Edition.
Here are simple steps to add/edit/remove Custom Profile Path (see examples below)
- In the Settings screen, go to second section “Application Custom Paths”
- Now to ADD Custom Path, select the application from Selection Box or double click or right click on application in the List
- Next you can enter the path manually or click on browse button or simply drag & drop the folder
- Finally click on “Update Path” to add the Path for this application
- To EDIT Custom Path, select the application from selection box or double click in the List
- Now you can edit it or select new path by clicking on browse button or simply drag & drop the folder
- To Remove Custom Path, right click on the application in the List and click on “Remove Profile Path”
All changes to Custom Paths are saved automatically. Once done, you can go back to main screen, click on “Recover Again” to recover the passwords from new Custom Profile location.
- AutoFTP Pro
C:\Program Files (x86)\ftppros\
- FTP Explorer
- FTP Commander
[64-bit] C:\Program Files (x86)\FTP Commander\
[32-bit] C:\Program Files\FTP Commander\
[64-bit] C:\Program Files (x86)\FTP Commander Deluxe\
[32-bit] C:\Program Files\FTP Commander Deluxe\
- LeapFTP[64-bit] C:\Program Files (x86)\LeapFTP 3.0\users\default\
[32-bit] C:\Program Files\LeapFTP 3.0\users\default\
- Multi CommanderC:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\MultiCommander\UserData\FS-FTP\
- SmartFTP C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\SmartFTP\Client 2.0\Favorites\Quick Connect\
FTP Password Report
XenArmor FTP Password Recovery Pro helps you to generate detailed report in HTML, CSV, XML, JSON or SQLite Database format.
Here is the sample of HTML Password Report,
Personal Edition generates report in HTML format only, however Enterprise Edition supports all formats.
How to Use Command-line Version?
XenArmor FTP Password Recovery Pro supports both GUI & command-line in the single executable file. Command-line version helps you to fully automate FTP Password Recovery operation. You can also easily integrate it into your scripts or programs as part of advanced operations.
Here is the screenshot of Command-line version (passwords masked for security reasons)
Here are various command-line options & examples
- FTPPasswordRecoveryPro.exe [report.html | report.csv]
- //Recover & Save the Password Report in HTML format (default)
- FTPPasswordRecoveryPro.exe report.html
- //Recover & Save the Password Report to CSV file locally
- FTPPasswordRecoveryPro.exe report.csv
- //Recover & Save the Password Report to XML file locally
- FTPPasswordRecoveryPro.exe report.xml
- //Recover & Save the Password Report to JSON file locally
- FTPPasswordRecoveryPro.exe report.json
- //Recover & Save the Password Report to SQLite Database file
- FTPPasswordRecoveryPro.exe report.db
- //Save the Password Report to selected folder
- FTPPasswordRecoveryPro.exe “c:\my reports\report.html”
By default it will generate report in HTML format. You can specify CSV, XML, JSON or DB extension to Output File to generate report in CSV, XML, JSON or SQLite database format.
Note that Command-line version is available only in Enterprise Edition.
Advanced Feature – Recover from Custom Profile Location
XenArmor FTP Password Recovery Pro supports Custom Profile Feature helping you to recover passwords from portable FTP Clients, external drive or profiles copied from another computer.
Often applications change their profile location with every release or some times users choose different location. Since path has changed, automatic password recovery will fail. In such cases this “Custom Profile Path” feature will help you to easily specify the changed location and recover all the passwords.
You can set the Custom Profile location for each supported application through Settings as shown below. For more details on how to add/edit/remove path, refer to “Settings – Custom Profile Path Section”
This feature is available only in Enterprise Edition
Automation of FTP Password Recovery
XenArmor FTP Password Recovery Pro Command-line version can help you to completely automate your FTP password recovery operations daily or periodically. It can generate detailed report which can be used for future auditing or backup purposes.
Here are simple steps to automate FTP Password Recovery using Windows Task Scheduler.
1) Launch Windows Task Scheduler from Administrative Tools in Control Panel. Next click on “Create Basic Task” on right side panel as shown below,
2) On the Basic Task page, enter name as ‘FTP Password Recovery’. On next page select ‘Daily or Weekly or Monthly’ with appropriate Time settings as per your need.
3) Next on the ‘Action’ Page, click on Start Program and then enter command & arguments as shown below,
For more command-line options refer to FTP Password Recovery Pro Command-line Version section.
4) Finally click on Finish button to schedule the automatic FTP Password Recovery operation.
Have any more queries or need any technical clarification? Just write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will have response within 24 to 48 hours.
For more details visit home page of XenArmor FTP Password Recovery Pro
January 5, 2020
December 28, 2019
November 6, 2019