User Guide – Windows Product Key Finder Commandline
- Supported Product License Keys
- How to Use?
- Recovery from Local Computer
- Recovery from External Disk
- Recovery from Windows folder
- Recovery from Registry Hive File
- Recovery from Remote Computer
- Remote Computer Requirements
- License Key Recovery Report
- Automation of License Key Recovery
- Contact XenArmor
Not only from local computer but you can also recover License Keys from External Disk, Registry Hive Files, Windows Folder or Remote Computers on your network.
Now with Unlimited Fully Portable Edition, you can Run it on any number of PCs without installation or license activation, making it ideal tool for System Admins, Penetration Testers, Forensic Investigators & other Security Professionals.
Here are the main benefits of XenArmor Windows Product Key Finder Commandline for you,
- Fully Portable Command-line Edition: Run on Unlimited PCs, No Installation, No License Activation
- Recover License Keys of All Windows Operating Systems (XP/2003/2008/2012/Vista/7/8/10)
- Recover CD Keys of 500+ popular softwares including Office, IE, SQL Server, Adobe, VMWare etc.
- Recover Keys of 100+ popular Games like FIFA, NFS, AOE, Quake, The Sims, Half-Life etc.
- Recover License keys from Remote Computer on your Network
- Recover License keys from Registry Hive File
- Recover License keys from External Disk
- Recover License keys from Windows folder of another Operating System or computer
- Save or Backup License Key Report in HTML/CSV/JSON/XML/SQLite file
- Displays detailed status of license key recovery during the operation
- Command-line version help you to easily use it within your scripts/programs
- Automate your Windows License Key Recovery operation
- Forensics Ready : Run on target system without any footprints
- Suitable for System Admins, Penetration Testers, Forensic Investigators, Security Professionals
- Works on all Windows 32-bit & 64-bit starting from XP to Windows 10
Supported Product License Keys
XenArmor Windows Product Key Finder Commandline helps you to recover License Keys for following Windows products,
- Microsoft Windows (XP/2003/2008/2012/Vista/Windows 7/8/10)
- Microsoft Office (all including Office 2016)
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Visual Studio (all including VS 2017)
Note: Please note, Office 2016 stores only last 5 digits of license key
It supports license key recovery of 500+ popular softwares. Here are some of the popular ones,
- Adobe Acrobat, Creative Suite, Photoshop etc
- Arcsoft Panorama Maker
- Ashampoo Burning Studio
- AutoCAD, LT, Building Systems etc
- Autodesk 3ds Max
- Avira AntiVir
- Axialis IconWorkshop
- Beyond Compare
- Borland Delphi
- CorelDRAW Graphics Suite
- Corel VideoStudio
- Cyberlink PowerDVD DX
- ElcomSoft All Password Recovery Suites
- Futuremark 3DMark
- Internet Download Manager
- Macromedia Dreamweaver Studio MX
- Macromedia Flash MX
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Nero, Vision, Media Player etc
- Norton Antivirus, PartitionMagic
- PCTools Registry machanic
- PowerQuest PartitionMagic
- RealVNC Enterprise Edition
- Roxio My DVD
- Scansoft Omnipage Professional
- Slysoft AnyDVD & CloneDVD
- Sony Sound Forge, Vegas, ACID XMC etc
- Symantec Norton Internet Security
- Techsmith Camtasia Studio
- Trend Micro PC-cillin Antivirus
- TuneUp Utilities
- VMWare Workstation
It can also recover license of 100+ popular games. Here is some of the popular Game softwares,
- Battle for Middle Earth
- Call of Duty
- Command & Conquer
- Company of Heroes
- Dawn of War
- FIFA [2002-2012 editions]
- Gunman Chronicles
- IGI 2: Covert Strike
- James Bond 007 Nightfire
- Medal of Honor
- Microsoft Age of Empires
- Medieval II Total War
- Need for Speed [2003-2012 editions]
- PopCap Games
- Pro Evolution Soccer
- Quake – ID Softwares
- RIP3 The Last Hero
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. – Shadow of Chernobyl
- Shogun: Total War: Warlord Edition
- Slysoft GameJackal Pro
- Splinter Cell – Chaos Theory
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- The Sims – EA Sports [all editions]
- Unreal Tournament
XenArmor Windows Product Key Finder Commandline works on both 32-bit & 64-bit platforms starting from Windows XP to Windows 10.
Here are the specific details,
- Installation Size: 15 MB
- RAM: 4 GB+ Recommended
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 2008/2012/2016, Windows 7/8/10.
Note: Mobile/pads/non-windows devices not supported
How to Use?
XenArmor Windows Product Key Finder Commandline is very easy to use with various usage options & examples shown below,
Usage: XenWindowsKeyFinder.exe [-sl|-se|-sw|-sr|-sc ] [-a|-h|-o|-i|-p|-v|-w|-z] [report_file] Source of Recovery: -sl Recover from Local System -se Recover from External Disk -sw Recover from External Windows Folder -sr Recover from Registry Hive File -sc Recover from Remote Computer Recovery Options: -a ALL Softwares & Games License Keys -i IE, SQL, Exchange Server & Visual Studio Keys -o Microsoft Office License Keys -p Adobe Photoshop License Keys -v Vmware Workstation License Keys -w Windows License Keys -z Other Popular Softwares & Games License Keys -h Display this help screen filename.html Report in HTML format (default) filename.csv Report in CSV format filename.xml Report in XML format filename.json Report in JSON format filename.db Report in SQLite format Examples: // From Local System, Recover ALL license keys to HTML file XenWindowsKeyFinder.exe -sl -a keylist.html // From External Disk, Recover Photoshop, VMWare & Other Software keys to CSV file XenWindowsKeyFinder.exe -se 'G:\' -p -v -z keylist.csv // From Windows Folder, Recover ALL license keys to SQLite file XenWindowsKeyFinder.exe -sw 'F:\Remotepc\Windows\' -a keylist.db // From Registry File, Recover ALL license keys to JSON file XenWindowsKeyFinder.exe -sr 'D:\Reg_Software' -a keylist.json // From Remote Computer, Recover Windows, Office & IE keys to XML file XenWindowsKeyFinder.exe -sc 192.168.0.100 -w -o -i c:\keylist.xml // Show this help screen XenWindowsKeyFinder.exe -h
This is command-line application and need to be run from cmd prompt (cmd.exe). Below are simple steps to get started,
1. Launch Command Prompt (Start->Run->cmd.exe) on your system as Administrator 2. In the cmd prompt, move to the folder where you have copied it C:\cd c:\XenArmorKeyFinderSoftware\ 3. Now simply run it to see all the options & examples as shown above C:\XenArmorKeyFinderSoftware\XenWindowsKeyFinder.exe
Now we will go through more specific examples of recovering license keys from Local Computer, External Disk, Windows Folder, Registry Hive file, Remote Computer etc
Recovering License Keys from Local Computer
Here is the example for recovering license keys from Local computer.
// From Local System, Recover Windows, Office license keys to JSON file XenWindowsKeyFinder.exe -sl -w -o keylist.json // From Local System, Recover Photoshop, IE, SQL Server & Other Software Keys to XML file XenWindowsKeyFinder.exe -sl -p -i -z keylist.xml
Here is the screenshot showing license key recovery from local computer,
Recovering License Keys from External Disk
If you have external disk belonging to another Windows OS then you can just plug it into your laptop and specify the drive containing Windows OS as shown in the below example,
// From External Disk, Recover Photoshop, VMWare keys to HTML file XenWindowsKeyFinder.exe -se 'G:\' -p -v c:\test\keylist.html // From External Disk, Recover Windows License keys to CSV file XenWindowsKeyFinder.exe -se 'G:\' -w keylist.csv
Here is the screenshot showing license key recovery from External Disk,
Recovering License Keys from Windows folder
If you have alternate Windows OS running on same computer or have copied OS files from another computer then you can directly specify Windows folder location of that OS as shown in the below example,
// From Windows Folder, Recover Office, IE & Visual Studio Keys to HTML file XenWindowsKeyFinder.exe -sw 'F:\Remotepc\Windows\' -o -i c:\keylist.html // From Windows Folder, Recover other Software & Games license keys to CSV file XenWindowsKeyFinder.exe -sw 'F:\Remotepc\Windows\' -z keylist.csv
Here is the screenshot showing license key recovery from Windows folder,
Recovering License Keys from Registry Hive File
Registry file is main place where most of the softwares store their license keys. So you can just copy the Registry file from another Windows OS to local system and recover all the license keys from it.
Windows by default stores all registry hive files at below location,
From here we have to copy registry hive file named “SOFTWARE”. Please note that you can’t copy this file while Windows is running. You need to restart your Windows in Safe Mode and then copy this file.
Once you have copied this file, you can specify location of this Registry Hive file as as shown in the below example,
// From Registry File, Recover ALL license keys to SQLite file XenWindowsKeyFinder.exe -sr 'D:\Reg_Software' -a keylist.db // From Registry File, Recover Photoshop, VMWare license keys to JSON file XenWindowsKeyFinder.exe -sr 'D:\Reg_Software' -p -v keylist.json
Here is the screenshot showing license key recovery from Registry Hive File,
Recovering License Keys from Remote Computer
XenArmor Windows Product Key Finder Commandline can help you to recover license keys from any running computer on your network. Before you connect to remote computer, please make sure you have enabled required services & settings as mentioned here.
Once you have setup remote computer, you can proceed to recover license keys as shown below,
// From Remote Computer, Recover Windows, Office keys to HTML file XenWindowsKeyFinder.exe -sc 192.168.0.100 -w -o c:\test\keylist.html // From Remote Computer, Recover ALL to XML file XenWindowsKeyFinder.exe -sc 192.168.0.100 -a c:\keylist.xml
Here is the screenshot showing license key recovery from remote computer,
Remote Computer Requirements
In order to recover license keys from any Remote Computer on your network, you must have admin access and configure it as explained below.
If your network has a Domain Controller and you have admin access to this domain then some of these settings are made automatically when remote computer joins the domain.
Here are the detailed mandatory steps to recover keys from Remote Computer
1) Configure your Firewall to Allow ‘File And Printer Sharing’
On the Remote Computer, configure your Firewall to allow ‘File And Printer Sharing’ as shown below,
2) Set Network Security & Sharing Mode to Classic
On the Remote Computer, Edit the following Registry settings to set the Network Security & Sharing mode to Classic.
3) Turn off the Remote User Account Control
On the Remote Computer, Edit the following Registry settings to turn off Remote User Account Control in Windows Vista/Windows 7/8/10 operating systems.
4) Starting the ‘Remote Registry’ service
Remote Registry service needs to be running on remote computer to access & recover the license keys.
To start it, on the remote computer launch the Service Manager from Control Panel or type services.msc in Windows -> Run. Then find and start the Remote Registry Service
Note that Remote Registry service is started by default in Windows XP. In some of the Windows 10 systems, you need to restart it manually every time system is restarted as it is set to Auto Trigger Start.
5) Connecting the Remote Computer with Admin Rights
Finally connect to remote computer from your computer. You need to connect to admin (admin$) or similar shares (c$, d$ etc) as shown below.
On your computer, launch the command prompt and then connect to admin$ share on remote computer using the command shown below,
net use \\192.168.0.101\admin$ "password" /user:"administrator"
You may have to restart the Remote Computer on completion.
Once all the above steps are done successfully, you can proceed to recover license keys from this remote computer as explained in above section
License Key Recovery Report
XenArmor Windows Product Key Finder Commandline helps you to generate detailed report in all popular formats like HTML, CSV, XML, JSON & SQLite.
Here is the sample of HTML & JSON license key report,
Automation of License Key Recovery
XenArmor Windows Product Key Finder Commandline Command-line version can help you to completely automate your License Key Recovery operations daily or periodically. Also you can save the report in HTML, CSV, XML, JSON or SQLite file format.
Here are simple steps to automate your License Key Recovery using Windows Task Scheduler.
1) Launch Windows Task Scheduler from Administrative Tools in Control Panel. Next click on “Create Basic Task” on right side panel as shown below,
2) On the Basic Task page, enter name as ‘Windows License Key Recovery’. On next page select ‘Daily or Weekly or Monthly’ with appropriate Time settings as per your need.
4) Finally click on Finish button to automatically schedule the your License Key Recovery operation.
Have any more queries or need any technical clarification? Just write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will have response within 24 to 48 hours.
For more details visit home page of XenArmor Windows Product Key Finder Commandline
April 10, 2019
March 4, 2019
January 30, 2019