User Guide – Asterisk Password Recovery Pro
- Supported Apps
- How to Use?
- Right Click Menu Options
- Password Recovery Report
- How to Use Command-line Version
- Automation of Asterisk Password Recovery
- Contact XenArmor
About Asterisk Password Recovery Pro
It supports both automatic & manual password recovery from 32-bit/64-bit Windows apps.
Supported Windows Apps
Asterisk Password Recovery Pro can help you to recover password stored behind asterisks (*****) from most of the windows apps.
Here is the verified list of 50+ Popular Windows Apps whose password can be recovered by Asterisk Password Pro software.
- Microsoft Outlook
- Outlook Express
- Windows Live Mail
- The Bat!
- eM Client
- Pegasus Mail
- mIRC Client
- Myspace IM
- Trillian Messenger
- Auto FTP Manager
- Auto FTP Pro
- Core FTP
- CoffeeCup Free FTP
- Classic FTP
- FTP Commander
- FTP Voyager
- FTP Explorer
- FTP Rush
- FTP Surfer
- Fling File Transfer
- Leap FTP
- Ipswitch WS_FTP
- Quick & Easy FTP Server
- Total Commander
- Download Accelerator Plus (DAP)
- Free Download Manager (FDM)
- GetRight Downloader
- Internet Download Manager (IDM)
- Internet Download Accelerator
- Mass Downloader
- Orbit Downloader
- MySQL Query Browser
- Process Explorer
- VNC – Remote Password
- and many more
Benefits of Asterisk Password Recovery Pro
Here are the main benefits for you,
- Automatically discover & recover all the passwords from open Windows apps
- Manual option to selectively recover password from password-text fields
- Recover passwords from popular FTP clients, Email clients, Download managers and other desktop apps
- Recover passwords from both 32-bit & 64-bit Windows apps
- Shows Password with Target Application Details
- Backup/Save Password Report to HTML/CSV/XML/JSON/SQLite file
- Installer for Easy & Quick Installation & Un-installation
- Command-line version for automation or to integrate in scripts
- Automation of Asterisk password recovery operation
- Works on both 32 bit & 64 bit Platforms starting from Windows XP to Windows 10
- It cannot reveal password in browsers. To recover passwords from all Browsers, use our Browser Password Recovery Pro
- Apps using non-windows GUI interface like GTK, QT etc not supported
- Some apps purposely put empty or junk password behind asterisks to protect the password.
Asterisk Password Recovery Pro works on both 32-bit & 64-bit platforms from Windows XP to Windows 10.
Here are the specific details,
- Installation Size: 8 MB
- RAM: 4 GB+ Recommended
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 2008/2012/2016, Windows 7/8/10.
Note: Mobile/pads/non-windows devices not supported
Asterisk Password Recovery Pro comes with standard windows installer which allows seamless installation & un-installation.
Launch the setup file and follow on-screen instructions to complete the installation as shown below,
You can uninstall it from the Control Panel or click on Uninstaller from Installed location of Asterisk Password Recovery Pro
How to Use?
Asterisk Password Recovery Pro is very easy to use as shown in video below,
It supports both automatic & manual password recovery options.
Before you start recovery, you need to launch target application & open password-text window (login box/settings etc) as shown below with FileZilla app.
1. Launch FileZilla on your PC and open Site Manager from Menu (File->Site Manager)
2. You will see list of FTP servers along with username/password (*****) as shown in below.
3. Now run Asterisk Password Pro & use Automatic or Manual recovery to get the password behind asterisks (****) as explained below
Automatic Password Recovery
By default it is set to automatic recovery option. On launch, it will try to automatically find all the open password-text fields and recover the passwords. Each such recovered password is added to the List along with target application details as shown below,
If password not found then make sure password-text field is open in target application and then click on ‘Show Passwords’ button again.
Also if target application is 32-bit or 64-bit then you need to launch 32-bit or 64-bit version of Asterisk Password Recovery Pro (shown in title bar). In such case, you can easily launch 32-bit/64-bit version by clicking on “Launch..” button at the bottom-left corner.
If you are not sure about target application type then simply run both 32-bit & 64-bit Asterisk Password Pro and one of them will recover the passwords.
Manual Password Recovery
For manual recovery, select ‘Manual’ option and you will see Magic Search icon as shown in the screen below,
Now click on Magic Search icon and drag it over the asterisks in the Password-text field and instantly real password will be recovered and added to the list along with target application details as shown above.
You can easily sort the displayed password list based on Application, Password, Process ID, Name or Path etc. by simply clicking on corresponding header in the List.
Right Click Menu Options
Right click context menu helps you to quickly & easily copy various fields (such as Application, Password, Process ID, Name or Path etc).
Asterisk Password Recovery Pro helps you to generate detailed report in HTML, CSV, XML, JSON or SQLite Database format.
Here is the sample of HTML Password Report,
How to Use Command-line Version?
Asterisk Password Recovery Pro supports both GUI & command-line in the single executable file. Command-line version helps you to fully automate Asterisk Password Recovery operation. You can also easily integrate it into your scripts or programs as part of advanced operations.
Here is the screenshot of Command-line version (passwords masked for security reasons)
Here are various command-line options & examples
- AsteriskPasswordRecoveryPro.exe [report.html | report.csv]
- //Recover & Save the Password Report in HTML format (default)
- AsteriskPasswordRecoveryPro.exe report.html
- //Recover & Save the Password Report to CSV file locally
- AsteriskPasswordRecoveryPro.exe report.csv
- //Recover & Save the Password Report to XML file locally
- AsteriskPasswordRecoveryPro.exe report.xml
- //Recover & Save the Password Report to JSON file locally
- AsteriskPasswordRecoveryPro.exe report.json
- //Recover & Save the Password Report to SQLite Database file
- AsteriskPasswordRecoveryPro.exe report.db
- //Save the Password Report to selected folder
- AsteriskPasswordRecoveryPro.exe “c:\my reports\report.html”
By default it will generate report in HTML format. You can specify CSV, XML, JSON or DB extension to Output File to generate report in CSV, XML, JSON or SQLite database format.
Automation of Asterisk Password Recovery
Asterisk Password Recovery Pro Command-line version can help you to completely automate your asterisk password recovery operations daily or periodically. It can generate detailed report in HTML, CSV, XML, JSON or SQLite format which can be used for future auditing or backup purposes.
Here are simple steps to automate Asterisk Password Recovery using Windows Task Scheduler.
1) Launch Windows Task Scheduler from Administrative Tools in Control Panel. Next click on “Create Basic Task” on right side panel as shown below,
2) On the Basic Task page, enter name as ‘Asterisk Password Recovery’. On next page select ‘Daily or Weekly or Monthly’ with appropriate Time settings as per your need.
3) Next on the ‘Action’ Page, click on Start Program and then enter command & arguments as shown below,
For more command-line options refer to Asterisk Password Recovery Pro Command-line Version section.
4) Finally click on Finish button to schedule the automatic Asterisk Password Recovery operation.
Have any more queries or need any technical clarification? Just write to us at email@example.com and you will have response within 24 to 48 hours.
For more details visit home page of Asterisk Password Recovery Pro
July 2, 2019
April 10, 2019