User Guide – Asterisk Password Recovery Pro 2022
- Supported Apps
- How to Use?
- Right Click Menu Options
- Password Recovery Report
- How to Use Command-line Version
- Automation of Asterisk Password Recovery
- Version & Release History
- Contact XenArmor
About Asterisk Password Recovery Pro
XenArmor Asterisk Password Recovery Pro is the Enterprise software to instantly recover your hidden password behind asterisks from most Windows Apps.
It supports both automatic & manual password recovery from 32-bit/64-bit Windows apps.
Supported Windows Apps
Asterisk Password Recovery Pro can help you to recover password stored behind asterisks (*****) from most of the windows apps.
Here is the verified list of 180+ Popular Windows Apps whose password can be recovered by Asterisk Password Pro software.
Top Email Clients
- Dream Mail
- Mail Commander
- Microsoft Outlook
- Outlook Express
- Pegasus Mail
- The Bat!
- Windows Live Mail
- eM Client
Top FTP Clients
- Alt Commander
- Auto FTP Manager
- Auto FTP Pro
- Bulletproof FTP
- Classic FTP
- CoffeeCup Free FTP
- Core FTP
- Directory Opus
- Dreamweaver FTP
- FTP Commander
- FTP Control
- FTP Explorer
- FTP Navigator
- FTP Rush
- FTP Surfer
- FTP Voyager
- Fling File Transfer
- Forte Agent
- FreeCommander XE
- Global Downloader
- Ipswitch WS_FTP
- Leap FTP
- Quick & Easy FTP Server
- SoftX FTP Client
- Total Commander
- Web Drive
- Website Publisher
- Download Accelerator Plus (DAP)
- Download Studio
- Free Download Manager (FDM)
- GetRight Downloader
- GetRight Downloader
- Internet Download Accelerator
- Internet Download Manager (IDM)
- Mass Downloader
- Orbit Downloader
Top Database Apps
- ASA Code Factory
- ASA Data Sync
- ASA Data Wizard
- ASA Database Converter
- ASA Maestro
- ASA PHP Generator
- Advanced Data Export .NET
- Advanced Data Export for RAD Studio VCL
- Advanced Data Import for RAD Studio VCL
- Advanced Excel Report for RAD Studio
- Advanced Localizer for RAD Studio VCL
- Advanced PDF Generator for RAD Studio
- Advanced Query Builder for RAD Studio VCL
- AnySQL Maestro
- Code Factory for MySQL
- DB Comparer for InterBase/Firebird
- DB Comparer for MySQL
- DB Comparer for Oracle
- DB Comparer for PostgreSQL
- DB Comparer for SQL Server
- DB Extract for DB2
- DB Extract for InterBase/Firebird
- DB Extract for MySQL
- DB Extract for Oracle
- DB Extract for PostgreSQL
- DB Extract for SQL Server
- DB2 Code Factory
- DB2 Data Sync
- DB2 Data Wizard
- DB2 Database Converter
- DB2 Maestro
- DB2 PHP Generator
- Data Comparer for InterBase/Firebird
- Data Comparer for MySQL
- Data Comparer for Oracle
- Data Comparer for PostgreSQL
- Data Comparer for SQL Server
- Data Export for DB2
- Data Export for InterBase/Firebird
- Data Export for MySQL
- Data Export for Oracle
- Data Export for PostgreSQL
- Data Export for SQL Server
- Data Generator for DB2
- Data Generator for InterBase/Firebird
- Data Generator for MySQL
- Data Generator for Oracle
- Data Generator for PostgreSQL
- Data Generator for SQL Server
- Data Import for DB2
- Data Import for InterBase/Firebird
- Data Import for MySQL
- Data Import for Oracle
- Data Import for PostgreSQL
- Data Import for SQL Server
- Data Pump for DB2
- Data Pump for InterBase/Firebird
- Data Pump for MySQL
- Data Pump for Oracle
- Data Pump for PostgreSQL
- Data Pump for SQL Server
- Data Sync for MySQL
- Data Wizard for MySQL
- Database Converter for MySQL
- Firebird Code Factory
- Firebird Data Sync
- Firebird Data Wizard
- Firebird Database Converter
- Firebird Maestro
- Firebird PHP Generator
- MS Compact Maestro
- MS SQL Code Factory
- MS SQL Data Sync
- MS SQL Data Wizard
- MS SQL Database Converter
- MS SQL Maestro
- MS SQL PHP Generator
- MySQL Query Browser
- MaxDB Code Factory
- MaxDB Data Sync
- MaxDB Data Wizard
- MaxDB Database Converter
- MaxDB Maestro
- MaxDB PHP Generator
- Oracle Code Factory
- Oracle Data Sync
- Oracle Data Wizard
- Oracle Database Converter
- Oracle Maestro
- Oracle PHP Generator
- PHP Generator for MySQL
- PostgreSQL Code Factory
- PostgreSQL Data Sync
- PostgreSQL Data Wizard
- PostgreSQL Database Converter
- PostgreSQL Maestro
- PostgreSQL PHP Generator
- SQL Administrator for SQL Server
- SQL Backup for PostgreSQL
- SQL Backup for SQL Server
- SQL Maestro for MySQL
- SQL Management Studio for InterBase/Firebird
- SQL Management Studio for MySQL
- SQL Management Studio for Oracle
- SQL Management Studio for PostgreSQL
- SQL Management Studio for SQL Server
- SQL Manager for DB2
- SQL Manager for InterBase/Firebird
- SQL Manager for MySQL
- SQL Manager for Oracle
- SQL Manager for PostgreSQL
- SQL Manager for SQL Server
- SQL Query for DB2
- SQL Query for InterBase/Firebird
- SQL Query for MySQL
- SQL Query for Oracle
- SQL Query for PostgreSQL
- SQL Query for SQL Server
- SQLite Code Factory
- SQLite Data Sync
- SQLite Data Wizard
- SQLite Database Converter
- SQLite Maestro
- SQLite PHP Generator
All Other Apps
- MIRC Client
- Myspace IM
- Process Explorer
- Putty CM
- Trillian Messenger
- VNC–Remote Password
Benefits of Asterisk Password Recovery Pro
Here are the main benefits for you,
- Recover passwords from 180+ confirmed windows apps
- Automatically discover & recover all the passwords from open Windows apps
- Manual option to selectively recover password from password-text fields
- Recover passwords from popular FTP clients, Email clients, Download managers and other desktop apps
- Recover passwords from both 32-bit & 64-bit Windows apps
- Shows Password with Target Application Details
- Backup/Save Password Report to HTML/CSV/XML/JSON/SQLite file
- Installer for Easy & Quick Installation & Un-installation
- Command-line version for automation or to integrate in scripts
- Automation of Asterisk password recovery operation
- Portable Unlimited Edition to run directly from USB disk
- Works on both 32 bit & 64 bit Platforms starting from Windows XP to Windows 11
- It cannot reveal password in browsers. To recover passwords from all Browsers, download Browser Password Recovery Pro
- Apps using non-windows GUI interface like GTK, QT etc not supported
- Some apps purposely put empty or junk password behind asterisks to protect the password.
Asterisk Password Recovery Pro works on both 32-bit & 64-bit platforms from Windows XP to Windows 11.
Here are the specific details,
- Installation Size: 8 MB
- RAM: 4 GB+ Recommended
- Operating System: Windows 11,10,8,7,Vista,XP, Windows Server 2022,2019,2016,2012,2008 (32-bit/64-bit)
Note: Mobile/pads/non-windows devices not supported
XenArmor Asterisk Password Recovery Pro comes with standard windows installer which allows seamless installation & un-installation.
Launch the setup file and follow on-screen instructions to complete the installation as shown below,
You can uninstall it from the Control Panel or click on Uninstaller from Installed location.
How to Use?
XenArmor Asterisk Password Recovery Pro is very easy to use as shown in video below,
It supports both automatic & manual password recovery options.
Before you start recovery, you need to launch target application & open password-text window (login box/settings etc) as shown below with FileZilla app.
1. Launch FileZilla on your PC and open Site Manager from Menu (File->Site Manager)
2. You will see list of FTP servers along with username/password (*****) as shown in below.
3. Now run Asterisk Password Pro & use Automatic or Manual recovery to get the password behind asterisks (****) as explained below
Automatic Password Recovery
By default it is set to automatic recovery option. On launch, it will try to automatically find all the open password-text fields and recover the passwords. Each such recovered password is added to the List along with target application details as shown below,
If password not found then make sure password-text field is open in target application and then click on ‘Show Passwords’ button again.
Also if target application is 32-bit or 64-bit then you need to launch 32-bit or 64-bit version of Asterisk Password Recovery Pro (shown in title bar). In such case, you can easily launch 32-bit/64-bit version by clicking on “Launch..” button at the bottom-left corner.
If you are not sure about target application type then simply run both 32-bit & 64-bit Asterisk Password Pro and one of them will recover the passwords.
Manual Password Recovery
For manual recovery, select ‘Manual’ option and you will see Magic Search icon as shown in the screen below,
Now click on Magic Search icon and drag it over the asterisks in the Password-text field and instantly real password will be recovered and added to the list along with target application details as shown above.
You can easily sort the displayed password list based on Application, Password, Process ID, Name or Path etc. by simply clicking on corresponding header in the List.
Right Click Menu Options
Right click context menu helps you to quickly & easily copy various fields (such as Application, Password, Process ID, Name or Path etc).
XenArmor Asterisk Password Recovery Pro helps you to generate detailed report in HTML, CSV, XML, JSON or SQLite Database format.
To generate report, after the password recovery, click on Report button and then select the Type of Report (HTML, CSV, XML, JSON, SQLite) from the ‘File Save Dialog’.
Here is the sample of HTML Password Report,
How to Use Command-line Version?
Asterisk Password Recovery Pro supports both GUI & command-line in the single executable file. Command-line version helps you to fully automate Asterisk Password Recovery operation. You can also easily integrate it into your scripts or programs as part of advanced operations.
Here is the screenshot of Command-line version (passwords masked for security reasons)
Here are various command-line options & examples
- AsteriskPasswordRecoveryPro.exe [report.html | report.csv]
- //Recover & Save the Password Report in HTML format (default)
- AsteriskPasswordRecoveryPro.exe report.html
- //Recover & Save the Password Report to CSV file locally
- AsteriskPasswordRecoveryPro.exe report.csv
- //Recover & Save the Password Report to XML file locally
- AsteriskPasswordRecoveryPro.exe report.xml
- //Recover & Save the Password Report to JSON file locally
- AsteriskPasswordRecoveryPro.exe report.json
- //Recover & Save the Password Report to SQLite Database file
- AsteriskPasswordRecoveryPro.exe report.db
- //Save the Password Report to selected folder
- AsteriskPasswordRecoveryPro.exe “c:\my reports\report.html”
By default it will generate report in HTML format. You can specify CSV, XML, JSON or DB extension to Output File to generate report in CSV, XML, JSON or SQLite database format.
Automation of Asterisk Password Recovery
It has command-line version that can help you to automate your asterisk password recovery operations daily or periodically. It can generate detailed report in HTML, CSV, XML, JSON or SQLite format which can be used for future auditing or backup purposes.
Here are simple steps to automate Asterisk Password Recovery using Windows Task Scheduler.
1) Launch Windows Task Scheduler from Administrative Tools in Control Panel. Next click on “Create Basic Task” on right side panel as shown below,
2) On the Basic Task page, enter name as ‘Asterisk Password Recovery’. On next page select ‘Daily or Weekly or Monthly’ with appropriate Time settings as per your need.
3) Next on the ‘Action’ Page, click on Start Program and then enter command & arguments as shown below,
For more command-line options refer to Asterisk Password Recovery Pro Command-line Version section.
4) Finally click on Finish button to schedule the automatic Asterisk Password Recovery operation.
Version & Release History
Note: To get download link of latest update please contact our support team with your order details.
Version 6.0 (2022 Edition): 21 Apr 2022
Mega 2022 edition supporting new Windows 11 platform. Also Personal Edition now generates report in all file formats.
Version 5.0 (2021 Edition): 15th May 2021
Major release supporting both 32-bit & 64-bit app password recovery in Personal Edition. Also no more confusion about license activation as each Edition will now have separate license key storage.
Version 4.0 (2021 Edition): 12th Dec 2020
New 2021 release featuring Unlimited Portable Edition. Now it auto detects 32-bit & 64-bit process type and comes with enhanced maximised interface.
Version 3.0 (2020 Edition): 2nd Feb 2020
Mega 2020 release with new asterisk password recovery mechanism. Now supports more 64-bit applications on Windows 10. Also now its more easier to use with improved user interface.
Version 2.0: 13th Mar 2019
Important release recovering passwords from more Windows apps supporting different type of password text fields.
Version 1.0 (2019 Edition): 6th Mar 2019
First public release
Have any more queries or need any technical clarification? Just write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will have response within 24 to 48 hours.
For more details visit home page of Asterisk Password Recovery Pro